Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What To Do?

            Have you ever been in such a quandary that you don't know which way to go? I'm in one right now. My decision will be life changing. My usual approach to a situation like this goes as follows: Google. Read many articles. Talk to anyone who will listen. Bore my friends silly. Interview someone who has gone through the same sort of dilemma. Make a pros and cons list. Lay awake at night and stew. Try to get my husband to make the decision for me. And do all this at high speed.

             Usually when the decision has been made, I realize that slowing down would have been the wisest course. Shutting up would have been good too. Talking less and praying more would have netted better results all round. 

            This time, I started out on my usual course. But today, I've decided to wait. Just be quiet and wait. I'm setting the whole thing on the shelf, contrary to any approach I've used in the past. This is not a decision that has a deadline (except the one I imposed on myself.) This decision affects no one but me, so I can wait. Wait, I will.

              And I will pray and expect God to send the answer. The scripture says,
" If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do." James 1:6-8

So today, I wait. That's what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment