Thursday, February 3, 2011

Off On a Rabbit Trail

         I've decided to take a wee break from blogging for a few weeks. If anyone has been reading this, you will notice the entries are waning. I've been off on a rabbit trail! Our writers' group has an assigned genre each month we meet. In February, we are to write a children's story.

         So, I've done it....a story about a starfish that lived in front of our house in Robert's Creek in British Columbia. It's a silly little story, but one you can learn from too. And the weirdest thing in all of this, is that I've started to paint again.

         Confidence in watercolour has not been mine these last years. One gets out of practice as the paints dry up. But my artist friend, Evelyn taught me something about colour and I purchased three tubes of paint - Aurelian yellow, Ultramarine Blue and Permanent Rose and started mixing. I've had a breakthrough. Creativity is surging. Oh, and I've decided that I can only paint like me. I can't immitate anyone else's style. I can only do what I can do and hopefully gain skill to add to whatever talent is there. So on I go....

         With that said, until my little book is finished and all paintings completed, my focus will be there. If anyone is reading this blog, please don't give up on me. I'll return! God bless you all!

Roberts Creek, October

No comments:

Post a Comment